Mah Bound Lotus Workshop | Experience to Merge | Live Music With Amanjot Kaur & Karta Purkh Singh
October 13 @ 1:30 pm - 3:15 pm$25
Bound Lotus, also know as psychic union pose, has it’s root in Kundalini, Ashtanga, and Hatha Yoga. Bound lotus is a restorative posture that engages the entire body by binding it into the symbol of infinity. The legs are in full lotus. The arms crossed behind the back. The hands hold onto the toes. The forehead comes to the ground. Like many yogic postures held for an extended period of time, Bound Lotus allows our body & mind to merge into the spirit realm — where all healing becomes possible.
“Mah Bound Lotus makes a person strong like iron on the inside & radiant like the sun on the outside. When a person masters Bound Lotus, they have the capacity to change a person and their environments.” ~ Yogi Bhajan
No previous experience necessary. Suitable for beginners & long time yoga practitioners alike. Will show many ways to modify the posture so you can get the benefits of the Mah Bound Lotus.
Benefits of Bound Lotus include:
- Enhances physical flexibility – ankles, knees, legs & spine gain increased mobility.
- Open the shoulders & hips.
- Improves digestion – internal organs are in fetal position of rest, allowing the rejuvenation of the digestive system.
- Strengthens the nervous and immune systems.
- Clears & opens the Chakras.
- Releases karmic obstacles, negative tendencies & emotions.
- Develops the state of Shuniya, the divine state of stillness; Anand, supreme bliss; and Samadhi, awakened consciousness.
This will be held in the beautiful Crown Studio at Centered City Yoga.